Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dilemmas, Dilemmas

Pretty much my whole life has been plagued by small dilemmas, especially in the kitchen. Half way through a recipe and you realize someone used all the milk, dropping the last egg on the floor instead of inside your cookie mix, and the list goes on and on. These leave you in quite a dilemma, where usually the answer is A) chunk the whole thing and get take out or B) in the famous words of Tim Gunn, Make it work. This blog is dedicated to making it work and outsmarting life's little dilemmas (though sometimes, you've just got to chunk it!)

To put in into perspective, we should take a trip back to 1998: 9-year-old me's first cooking adventure. My mom was asleep, and I wanted pancakes. So being the zealous (also quite overweight, I may add, giving my persistence to get the food I wanted) kid I was, I set out to make pancakes without knowing exactly what to use or how. My first idea was, clearly, flour and water. So I mixed the 2 together then cooked it... in the microwave. To my dismay, it was a chalky, disgusting mess.

But did I give up? Nope. That wasn't about to happen. I WANTED PANCAKES.

So I added more water and some corn meal and cooked it again. This goes on for a while, adding more and more ingredients until it was too far gone. I had to chunk it.

Fast-forward some 15 years and adult me still faces the same dilemmas, except now I can't wake up Mom to solve it. So I do it myself, with each success giving a Nelson-esk "ha-ha!" to life's little curve balls.

After hours of Google searches and trial and error, I've decided to share my best triumphs and hopefully help solve other kitchen adventures' dilemmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment